English Practice Papers, How to improve English, How to improve Grammar, Bank PO English Practice Paper, Bank Clerk English Practice Paper, Staff Selection English Practice Paper, SSC English Practice Paper, CTET English Practice Paper, Basic Grammar
Monday, February 6, 2012
SSC CISF Consteble Exam English Solved Paper
(Exam Held on: 05-06-2011)
Directions: In Questions 1 to 5, out of the four alternatives, choose the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word and mark it in the Answer Sheet.
1. Tame (N)
Directions: In the following passage (11 to 15), some of the words have been left out. First read the passage over and try to understand what it is about. Then fill in the blanks with the help of the alternative given. Mark your answer in the Answer Sheet.
There _ 11__ in the city of Ujjain a poor tailor _ 12__ Ramphal. As he was very poor, he __13__ to live and work in one little with his wife and __14__ three small children. The children fought _ 15__ each other and made so much noise.
Directions: In Question 16 to 20, sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by a blackening the appropriate rectangle [ ] in the Answer Sheet.
16. The telephone kept ________ ringing, but no one attended.
(D) up with
17. She is sad, because her father turned _______ her request.
18. You should not confide _______ a stranger.
19. Poets have compared this word _______ a stage.
20. I prevailed _______ him to contest the election.
Directions: In Questions 21 to 25, some of the sentences have errors and some are correct. Find out which part of a sentence has an error and blacken the rectangle [ ] corresponding to the appropriate letter (A, B, C). If a sentence is free from errors, blacken the rectangle corresponding (D) in the Answer Sheet.
21. Pacific Ocean is (A)/ the deepest ocean(B) / in the world.(C)/ NO error.(D)
22. You will com(A) / to my sister’s wedding tomorrow,(B) / isn’t it?(C)/ No error(D)
23. I am(A) / your’s(B) / affectionate son.(C)/ No error.(D)
24. Beside Hindi, (A)/ she knew (B)/ Bengali well.(C)/ No error(D)
25. He walks(A)/ as if the earth (B)/ belonged to him.(C)/ No error.(D)